- Streams - separate the "what" from "how"
- Patterns to refactor using lambdas
- Higher order functions
- Lambda expressions can be used to make many existing design patterns simpler and more readable, especially the command pattern
- Lambda-Enabled Concurrency
- Lambda-Enabled SOLID principles
I recommended the book to my team and in my Meetup group - I'm the organizer of the Miami JVM Meetup. I use the book constantly while doing code reviews. Again, any developer, team leader, or architect who is starting to use Java 8 should get this book. I really enjoyed the ending and finally understood the Reactive Programming approach. As the author mentioned,
The critical design tool for software development is a mind well educated in design principles. It is not...technology. - Craig Larman